There is no denying that a person's front teeth greatly affect how he looks especially when he talks and smiles. So people often want to do veneer treatment so that their front teeth look neat, clean, and aesthetically pleasing.
Veneers are a method of coating the front teeth to shape and discolor the front teeth. The main function of veneers is as aesthetics, namely to enhance the appearance of the front teeth to make them look more beautiful. If you have front teeth that are not neat, such as hollow or are no longer perfectly shaped due to cracks, or the color of your front teeth has started to change, then veneer treatment can answer some of these problems.
There are two types of veneers that can be done, namely direct and indirect veneers. The difference between the two is in the type of material used and the quality and duration of its resistance.
Direct veneer commonly referred to as composite veneers (composite veneers) which are made of composite materials whose colors resemble teeth. Meanwhile, indirect veneer is often called porcelain veneer made of porcelain ceramic.
When compared, both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Before determining what kind of veneer you can get, it's good to know the comparison of the two types first.
Advantages of Composite / Direct Veneer:
• maintenance costs for this type of veneer tend to be lower.
• the process is done faster and if it is broken more quickly repaired
• can cover a variety of front teeth problems.
Disadvantages of Composite / Direct Veneer
• must be careful and keep eating
• more routine checks are needed
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
• The appearance of the front teeth becomes more natural, the color can be adjusted
• Porcelain veneers are usually not straightforward because they have to be made after printing each patient's teeth
• iI cared for properly and keep eating it will last longer because it is made of stronger material.
Disadvantages of Porcelain Veneer
• Because of the quality of the materials used, the maintenance cost of porcelain veneers is more expensive than composite veneers.
• Unlike composite veneers, which are easy and fast to perform, the porcelain veneer installation process requires several visits to the dentist.
Then, how safe is dental veneer treatment?
Before deciding to do a veneer procedure, the dentist will first check the condition of your teeth. If the condition of your teeth meets the requirements or does not have serious damage, then you are allowed to put veneers on your front teeth.
The risk that usually arises after getting veneer treatment is tooth sensitivity. This is because tooth enamel is eroded when the veneer is placed. So, it also needs to be understood that doing veneers and expecting the results we get to last a long time, so we have to take more care of the cleanliness and health of our teeth. Be diligent in brushing, flossing is a must and besides that, we also need to avoid foods and drinks that can trigger reactions of tooth sensitivity such as foods and drinks that are too hot or cold, too strong, and contain too much sugar and acids such as soda, and which can color teeth such as tea and coffee.
drg. Richyani Putri